Through missions, Calvary Church is able to partner with people and organizations around the world in order to take the message of Jesus Christ to all people of the earth. Missions is the heartbeat of Calvary Church.
The following four activities describe how Calvary Church is involved in global missions:
Reaching – We are involved in local, national and international efforts to proclaim the Gospel to the spiritually lost through every available means. Our evangelistic efforts range from personal evangelism to large-scale evangelistic meetings.
Planting – We are supporting efforts around the world to establish local churches. Our goal is to replicate growing, life-giving churches both locally and around the world.
Equipping – We are helping to train leaders throughout the world to take the message of Jesus Christ to their own people and other nations. We support missionaries who teach or lead Bible schools around the world, as well as several Assemblies of God colleges and universities in the U.S.
Caring – We are reaching out with the compassion of Jesus Christ to those who are hurting and in need. This year, we have several worldwide missions trips planned to help with disaster relief, orphanages, feeding and vocational training. Locally, we continue to offer a food pantry and a homeless-feeding ministry.
Pay for a missions trip
Email the Missions Department
Missions pledges (formerly called Faith Promises) are used at Calvary Church to support missions. These are one-year commitments—from April 2017 through March 2018. A missions pledge is what a person agrees, after prayer, to give to missions as God enables—over and above a tithe.
Missions Pledge funds are used for:
- Monthly support for more than 200 missionaries and missions organizations
- Missions projects such as church buildings, equipment, vehicles, Bible schools, student tuition and disaster relief
If you would like to commit to a Missions Pledge this year, please use the link below.
Make a Missions Pledge
WE TRAVEL TO TOUCH THE WORLD
Calvary Church believes in the importance and power of missions. We take teams to other places of the world (and our own country) to tell people about God’s love, to lend a helping hand to an area in need and to encourage the missionaries, pastors and congregations who have been called by God to serve in those areas.
CALVARY'S UPCOMING 2018 MISSIONS TRIPS
To make a payment towards a missions trip, please use our online form.
Kigali and Huye, Rwanda
July 12-23 (This trip is closed.)
- In cooperation with the Rwandan Assemblies of God and Lighthouse ministries, a Calvary team will conduct outreach events, leadership training and eye clinics at several venues across Rwanda.
- Cost: $2,750
- Team size: 14
- Trip leader will be Pastor Tim and Pastor Wanda
August 2-12 (This trip is closed.)
- Host: Rev. Andrew Smith, Superintendent of the National Scottish Assemblies of God
- Cost: $1,750
- Team size: 16
- Trip leader will be Pastor Cody and Pastor Wanda.
- Calvary has been invited to participate in an outreach and evangelism effort at the European Games. The host church is mere blocks away from the stadium where the events take place. The team will create hospitality stations and offer assistance to the public. There will also be opportunities to bless the local congregation and participate in light renovation and construction projects at the facility.
August 6-12 (This trip is closed.)
- Our tenth annual missions trip with Missionaries Kent and Judy Anderson and the ministry of Rural Compassion will be Monday, Aug. 6 – Sunday, Aug. 12, where we will be ministering at New Rivers Church.
- Cost: $500
- Skilled and unskilled workers are needed for remodeling and updating their church building. We will also participate in an outreach to the community.
- Trip leaders will be Pastor Ron and Krisan Markese
- We'll be working with Convoy of Hope Europe and local Slovak pastor Jan Liba. Trip Leader will be Pastor Wanda.
- Cost: $1500
- In response to the continued refugee challenges, the Calvary team will provide construction and outreach services for the local church and the Roma (gypsy) communities.
- For more information about this trip, email us or call 630-585-3240.
Guatemala City, Guatemala
- Host: Missionaries David and Debbie Amsler
- Leaders and cost: TBD
- Team size: 16 to 20
- Calvary team will work with Planet Kids, a Church for Children and their families. Projects will include children and youth outreaches in schools and public venues, and outreach to families living on or near the garbage dump—these are the most underserved in the area.
- Opportunities for building renovation and light construction will also be included.